YANU - uVax

From: Zane H. Healy <healyzh_at_aracnet.com>
Date: Mon Mar 8 21:28:52 1999

Great Explanation! cut to save bandwidth.

>The BA23 is almost identical, except that there are ONLY 3
>A/B/C/D, and there are 5 more for a total of eight AND there
>is a very different I/O distribution panel for RD5n.

Unless it's a VAXstation II/RC that hasn't had the backplane replaced. The
VAXstation II/RC thanks to a stupid marketing gimic has three slots filled
in with Rosen. That leaves you with just enough slots for the CPU, Memory,
disk and tape controller, video adapter, and Ethernet controller (I could
swear I'm missing a controller here). I've pulled the video adapter and
put an RL02 controller in mine.

                                Zane
| Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Adminstrator |
| healyzh_at_aracnet.com (primary) | Linux Enthusiast |
| healyzh_at_holonet.net (alternate) | Classic Computer Collector |
| and Zane's Computer Museum. |
| http://www.dragonfire.net/~healyzh/ |