Interesting to note about Altairs...

From: Jim Strickland <jim_at_calico.litterbox.com>
Date: Mon Mar 8 22:26:51 1999

> On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Jim Strickland wrote:
>
> > geeks will run Linux or BeOS on PCs because the platform will continue to be
> > less expensive, but the real consumer and small business worlds will be owned
> > by Macintosh. Between Macos X for servers and Macos 8.whatever for desktop
> > clients, IMHO if apple plays their cards right they can own those two VERY
> > lucrative markets.
>
> Real geeks will not be switching back to dependence on closed source.
> "How can you keep them down on the farm after they've seen Paree".

Heh. For the same reasion I might. Because a well integrated, easy to use
client box (in addition to a good linux box) is nicer for the desktop. You
make a good point though. But this is dangerously close to comp.os.*.advocacy,
so we should probably take this discussion to private e-mail.

--
Jim Strickland
jim_at_DIESPAMMERSCUMcalico.litterbox.com