CP/M (was: Interesting to note about Altairs...)

From: Hans Franke <Hans.Franke_at_mch20.sbs.de>
Date: Tue Mar 9 12:54:02 1999

> <I really wish GNU would take a good command line OS (like CP/M), make it
> <32/64 bit, and multi-tasking/user and add a GUI and try and compete with
> <Winblows.

> I'm a CP/m advocate but that really doesn't fly. First there are CP/M
> emulators for Linux already. The other is CP/M was never a prime time
> candidate for a GUI thing being totally single user and single tasking,
> the later CCPM may have had a shot.

Don't cary the CP/M flag that low - With 3.0 and GSX CP/M was ready
as major player in the GUI world ? What's GEM as used on the ATARI ST
other than a bautified CP/M and GSX based system with an added desktop
manager ? And I bet nobody will deny that the ST was a major step in
the GUI war.

Gruss
H.

--