What classic equipment was rebadged?

From: Derek Peschel <dpeschel_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed Mar 10 12:02:43 1999

Sellam Ismail wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Derek Peschel wrote:

> > But there are some strange extra fields -- the system keeps track of the
> > number of keystrokes you type... talk about Big Brother. And there may be
>
> This is most likely for an "undo" feature. Sounds like some pretty
> powerful mechanism is in place actually. To actually store keystrokes
> implies that perhaps after closing down an application and re-running it
> you still have the ability to undo changes.

Normally I trust your judgement but I think this time you're wrong.

It doesn't keep track of the keystrokes you type (as far as I know), just
the NUMBER of keystrokes you type. That would not help make undoing any
easier. Besides, the CPU is pretty limited, I'm sure. We're talking
early-to-mid-80's dedicated word processor here (possibly earlier).

I found out about that feature by looking in a third-party manual, BTW. It
had a screen shot with a field labeled "number of keystrokes".

-- Derek