What classic equipment was rebadged?

From: allisonp_at_world.std.com <(allisonp_at_world.std.com)>
Date: Wed Mar 10 12:29:43 1999

> It doesn't keep track of the keystrokes you type (as far as I know), just
> the NUMBER of keystrokes you type. That would not help make undoing any
> easier. Besides, the CPU is pretty limited, I'm sure. We're talking
> early-to-mid-80's dedicated word processor here (possibly earlier).

Hummmmm, it may be otherwise. By the mid 80s the better word processing
packages could and did keep an undo log. Heck even EDIT/KED on the
PDP-11/RT-11 did it to a limited extent. VMS carried that to keystroke
journaling and that was mid '80s too.

Seems like another case of in the old days we couldn't do that, pish posh.
The cpus may have been slow compred to the latest firebreathing monsters
but they didn't run winders and were not written in code bloat plus plus
resulting in remarkable things done in terrifically compact code.

Allison