HP CS/80,SS/80 & Amigo Protocols

From: Christian Fandt <cfandt_at_netsync.net>
Date: Wed Mar 10 21:02:08 1999

Upon the date 12:57 AM 3/11/99 +0000, Tony Duell said something like:

>> Guys:
>>
>> Does anyone have the docs for these HP protocols?
>> They're used to communicate with HP HPIB disk drives
>> and stuff.
>
>Can I add a 'me too' ;-). I've been looking for this info for about 3
>years now, and haven't managed to track it down yet...

Yes, I'd like to get in on this too as a "me too". I've been looking for
CS/80 info since 1990 or '91 when I got my HP 250 system. Must be a
non-published protocol except for certain internal uses. My old HP CE
friend who maintained the 250 for my company was even completely stymied in
finding it back then too.

If we get enough folks together maybe we can form a posse and . . .

Anyway, I guess a real search should be for technical folks who worked at
the Boulder, Colorado operation which is where I understand some of the
computer and disk drive developement was done. Also, maybe somebody from
the German HP operation where the 250's and others were originally made
might be a source. Never know what might be lurking in an old closet or
file cabinet of theirs :)

Regards, Chris
-- --

Christian Fandt, Electronic/Electrical Historian
Jamestown, NY USA cfandt_at_netsync.net
Member of Antique Wireless Association