HX-20 the wonder of Epson

From: Mike Ford <mikeford_at_netwiz.net>
Date: Thu Mar 11 03:48:22 1999

>Upon the date 09:00 PM 3/9/99 -0800, Sellam Ismail said something like:
>>On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Mike Ford wrote:
>>
>>> Can you tell me much about the AC adapter? (why is it the adapter always
>>> gets lost. I didn't get one with the PowerBook 5300CS I bought last
>>> Saturday either.) I wonder if a generic adapter will be OK to use?
>>
>>DC 6V; 600mA.
>
>Hi Sellam,
>
>Could you tell him the polarity of the connections too? I just thought of
>this. It may be important for him if he has to replace the connector on a
>new generic adapter or and old, used unit. Power connector polarity may not
>be marked on the 5300CS as it occasionally is on computers, radios, tape
>decks, stuff.

Just so no one passes out, no I did not hook up 6 vdc to my beauty 5300CS
(it gets a factory Apple unit).

I would appreciate any "hot tips" on the connector polarity for the HX-20.
Also I was serious about the generic aspect, ie should I hunt down the real
thing or will Radio Shack work fine (not really the Rat Shack since I have
boxes now of different adapters)?