Help! Apple //c keyboard & whatnot...

From: John Lawson <jpl15_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri Mar 12 00:24:37 1999

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999 SUPRDAVE_at_aol.com wrote:

> > My normal method for things like this :
> >
> > Polythene and PTFE : not a hope. Almost nothing will stick them...

[sssnipp]

> what's the best for ABS plastic? I've found nothing that can glue it back
> together with any strength, especially if it wasnt really a clean break or the
> plastic got a bit deformed at the breaking point.

  ABS can be welded... try using one of the small forced-air heat
guns designed for heat-shrink, or a metal tube from a larger heat
gun will work.

  It has to be *hot*, 350 - 500 deg F, and it helps if you have a
small strip of the same material to use as a 'welding rod', ie. to
fill in the joint as you go. I have done a lot of ABS and Delrin
welding... commercial welding outfits are made (air torches) for
the purpose. In some locales they can be rented. Also... many
of the larger plastics companies will have them... and can often do
the job for cheap bucks.

  Cheerz

John