Got a question....PDP? VAX?

From: Buck Savage <hhacker_at_home.com>
Date: Sat Mar 13 03:11:59 1999

Larry:

Given your start in computing in the mid-fifties, you must now be
in your mid-sixties. I was one who started in the early 70's (as
early as my 12-th year) and am now 41. The machine was
an IBM 370/155 with 1MB of main memory, and the language was
APL (APL*PLUS from Scientific Time Sharing).

Well, it is true that the machines of the 50's were the so called
Unit Record devices and the low quality mainframes of the day,
like the 7090, the 1620 (if I get the numbering correct) and the
1401 (all of IBM fame). I had the privilege of working with such
Unit Record devices, and even to have programmed a few of the
old style plug boards.

I am greatful that those days are over!

William R. Buckley