Planning for an equipment move...

From: bluoval <bluoval_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sun Mar 14 15:55:09 1999

Joe wrote:

> At 11:03 AM 3/13/99 -0500, you wrote:
> >>Since I don't have a class two license, I can't get a truck with a
> >>lift gate,
> >
> >The two aren't mutually exclusive. Several times I've rented a
> >lift-gate truck, usually from Budget, to move a machine. Now this
> >was always on the West Coast,
>
> I've rented and driven trucks with lift gates from both Budget and Ryder
> in the last three weeks with no problems and nothing but a standard
> license. Perhaps you may need a special permit if you're going across state
> lines.
>
> Joe

I've worked for a rental company. Drove every truck/van they had except for
the dump trucks, and huge Internationals they had, I needed to get a chauffeurs
license to drive those. Most were flat-beds, but the covered vans all had lift
gates on them. I've never had a problem, and don't see why you would. Just my
2 centavos.

Robert