wanted: muMath and/or muLisp for Apple II or CP/M

From: Eric Smith <eric_at_brouhaha.com>
Date: Mon Mar 15 13:59:45 1999

I asked about buying a copy of muMath for the Apple ][.

Derek Peschel <dpeschel_at_u.washington.edu> replied:
> I didn't know there was an Apple version! I am now more interested in
> finding a copy than selling one to you. :)

Great. Thanks. :-)

The Apple ][ version came with its own operating system, ADIOS (Apple
Disk I/O System). It was a CP/M-like OS but ran on the 6502 (no Z-80
card required).

According to one of the authors, the the Apple ][ versions of muMath and
muSimp were created by taking the interpreter source code for the 8086
version, and doing a translation of each 8086 instruction into a sequence
of 6502 instructions. The 8086 registers were in the 6502's zero page.

As you might expect, this approach didn't exactly yield blazing speed.