GIVEAWAY: Vax 8650 in Medford, MA by Mar. 18 (fwd)

From: John Lawson <jpl15_at_netcom.com>
Date: Tue Mar 16 15:23:19 1999

Yo, cats: Hedz Up!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Subject: (fwd) GIVEAWAY: Vax 8650 in Medford, MA by Mar. 18

From: Jason Scott <jason_at_snuh.com>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.dec
Subject: GIVEAWAY: Vax 8650 in Medford, MA by Mar. 18
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 14:11:56 -0500

My company is decommissioning a VAX 8650 with Expansion Unit and while
the current plan is to throw the thing into the dump, if there are
souls out there who want one of these things for Nostalgia, Spare Parts,
or to drop out of a plane, give me a holler at (781)-393-3283 and we'll
talk. Or, mail to jason_at_snuh.com works just as well.

If you think you can stop by with a Toyota and put this thing in the
trunk, you don't want it. Vax 8650's are the size of large meat lockers
and you'll need at least a truck to pick it up. The power needs are
beyond imagining. The only real use for these things are spare parts
or some sick project I can't think of, but I can't bear to not take
at least a try at finding them a home.

The VAXen are located in Medford, MA, just about 5 miles north of
Boston, off Route 93. We're throwing the things out Thursday Night
(March 18) so act fast. First call and show, first serve. Thanks!

- Jason Scott