GIVEAWAY: Vax 8650|DECcie nostalgia digression..

From: Will Emerson <wpe101_at_banet.net>
Date: Tue Mar 16 20:31:42 1999

Damn! I wish I had the space for it!! From my DEC days, I remember the
8650 as
a member of the first VAXcluster we had in the datacenter.. IIRC,
the cluster was named (for you ex & current DECcies) the PATS cluster
(the system
manager was a football fan), and each node got named after a current or
former
player on the New England Patriots... Nodenames being Morgan, Grogan,
and Fryar..
There was another one, but I'll be damned if I can remember, anyway,
Morgan was,
IIRC an 8700, Fryar was an 8650, and GROGAN started out as an 11/750,
later upgraded
to an 8600.. Fryar lived up to it's namesake, not because it was a
problematical
product, but because it got "drop shipped" on it's way to the Maynard
(Ma) Mill..
Sorry, I digress with a little nostalgia....

Disclamer: References to any players or teams performances, in the NFL,
past or present, in this post, are strictly my own opinion.
                                                     Will