Leo Computers

From: Brian Mahoney <bmahoney_at_sprint.ca>
Date: Wed Mar 17 22:51:56 1999

If anyone is interested: I did some checking on the LEO, wondering why it was
not mentioned in any of my reference books. Turns out it was a 'direct copy'
of the EDSAC, on which I have ample documentation. Additionally there were
only 10 LEO IIs sold. The EDSAC is described as "the first large scale, fully
functional, stored-program, electronic digital computer."

Perhaps someone could decipher the following for me (and the group):
"In 1951 the LEO I computer was operational and ran the world's first regular
routine office computer job."
What about the Univac 1 or the IBM 701?

Brian Mahoney
--