Cromemco (was Re: S-100 bus specs)

From: Ward D. Griffiths III <gram_at_cnct.com>
Date: Thu Mar 18 16:05:32 1999

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, James Willing wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Sellam Ismail wrote:
> > ...Cromemco actively manufactured S-100 systems
> > until they went out of business in around 1986 or so.
>
> as much as I absolutely hate to contradict... <BIG B^} >
>
> You may want to take a look at www.cromemco.com before you cast the
> previous thot in stone...

Hmm. The history file contains no mention of their first product,
the TV Dazzler.

On the other hand, their newer system, the CCube, looks sweet. Of
course, the real question is "When will Linux run on it?". Since
at this point, Linux can't quite handle an array of 1024
processors. (Maybe by kernel 2.4).
--
Ward Griffiths
"the timid die just like the daring; and if you don't take the plunge then