Security question (sort of)

From: Sellam Ismail <dastar_at_ncal.verio.com>
Date: Thu Mar 18 21:41:30 1999

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Jason Willgruber wrote:

> What would be the best thing to do here (other than physically damage the
> person/and/or their computer)? Is there any security programs for Windoze
> '95 that can be downloaded?

Yes, there is a security program for Windoze. It's called Linux.

> Where or who would I report this person to? FCC?

Well, if you want to be a wuss about it, the FBI will take on these cases.
I don't know if there's a threshold of seriousness upon which they'll act.
The local polie will also take a report, and might actually do something
if a) they are bored and want to pretend they know about computers or b)
have a high tech crime unit (most large cities, many medium-sized cities
and some small cities do).

The better thing to do would be to either a) beat senseless the punk who
broke into your system (my first choice), b) hack into his computer and
retaliate, c) both.

Sellam Alternate e-mail: dastar_at_siconic.com
Don't rub the lamp if you don't want the genie to come out.

                  Coming in 1999: Vintage Computer Festival 3.0
                   See http://www.vintage.org/vcf for details!
                        [Last web site update: 02/15/99]