Security question (sort of)

From: SUPRDAVE_at_aol.com <(SUPRDAVE_at_aol.com)>
Date: Thu Mar 18 22:38:38 1999

In a message dated 3/18/99 10:39:42 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
roblwill_at_usaor.net writes:

> My computer was recently hacked into, and a bunch of the software, and some
> of the hardware was messed up (I know who did it - no one on this list -
> someone from my school).
>
> What would be the best thing to do here (other than physically damage the
> person/and/or their computer)? Is there any security programs for Windoze
> '95 that can be downloaded?

uh, how about a power-on passwoid?
I know some IBM machines have an unattended startup mode that locks the
keyboard and mouse within the os until the passwoid is typed in. What about
hardware locks? seems to be a simple and obvious answer to your problem.

  supr 'revenge is a delicious dish best served cold' dave