OT OT OT really OT [Re: OT: Re: UNIX/Linux info?]

From: Joseph S. Barrera III <joe_at_barrera.org>
Date: Thu Mar 18 20:18:19 1999

[ Zane sez: ]
> I've seen the light. I'm now running Win95 and WinNT 4.0 Server (Yes,
> legal copies, I bought them in a fit of madness about a year ago when I
> wanted to learn some about them) on my PII/333. However, since I don't
> want my system to crash I'm running them under Linux. I had Linux, Win95,
> and WinNT Server all running at the same time on the same system last
> night!

I agree, this is just the coolest thing.

For those who don't know what the heck we're talking about, see
http://www2.vmware.com/products/linuxscreen.html

> BTW, how's everything up there in Redmond going with the port of MS Office
> to Linux that supposedly isn't happening?

Actually, I live in the SF Bay Area (San Bruno), not Redmond.

And I think we'll have to wait for the split-up of Microsoft (or maybe the
massive upcoming reorg that we have to read about in the papers) before
Office will compete against Windows...

- Joe