Security question (sort of)

From: Ward D. Griffiths III <gram_at_cnct.com>
Date: Fri Mar 19 21:06:46 1999

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Max Eskin wrote:

> In summary, it caused damage to the serial ports. Any computer whose
> hardware can be damaged by software in this way should be thrown off the
> Empire State Building.

Please don't. (The suicide nets will catch it anyway). If you want
to toss a computer around the town where I (reluctantly -- I hate
being stuck on the east coast) work, I recommend using one of the
bridges across the East or Hudson rivers. Or leave it in the back
seat of a car with an open window (a Club on the steering wheel and
no radio in the dash), the thieves deserve what they get.
--
Ward Griffiths
"the timid die just like the daring; and if you don't take the plunge then