OT: Re: Security question (sort of)/goodbye

From: Steve Robertson <steverob_at_hotoffice.com>
Date: Sat Mar 20 19:50:37 1999

Tony Duell wrote:

> But isn't this one heck of a clue? Damage to serial ports can't affect
> configuring the CMOS RAM AFAIK. But damage to the bios ROM itself could.

Fankly, I don't buy any of it... My guess is he had some kinda hardware
failure and the other kid from his school is trying to take credit for
it.

My advice: Get over it!

BTW: If I knew how to hack a system and cause this kinda damage over an
Internet connection, I'd be working for a secret government agency
making milions. Certainly not wasting it on petty high school pranks.

Steve Robertson <steverob_at_hotoffice.com>