Rebirth of IMSAI

From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis_at_mcmanis.com>
Date: Sun Mar 21 13:30:30 1999

> I don't know if I'd want a Pentium-class
> IMSAI with a front panel for $1200.

It occurs to me that you could do an IMSAI _simulator_ on a 486 motherboard
(cheap as dirt these days) mounted in a case with a "real" IMSAI front
panel where you hook the simulator to via a couple of parallel ports.
Z80EMU runs at the speed of a 6MHz z80 on my 486 laptop so its certainly
doable. If you put the simulator in rom on an ISA card with DOS-on-disk
technology you could do the how thing for about $200. :-)

--Chuck