S-100 prototyping boards

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Sun Mar 21 21:17:42 1999

Actually, I used to sell an original wirewrap board which has a colander
ground and power plane and a 0.100" matrix of plated through holes. That
was how all my wirewrap boards were configured, so I could use whatever dip,
pin-grid array, or idc connector I wanted without concerning myself with
whether it would fit. Of course, back in the S-100 days one didn't have to
worry about the off-grid connectors like the DA-15 or the DB25. These
boards had dry-film solder mask so you could use bare-wire point-to-point
wiring for layout sensitive analog circuitry, keeping it close to the
low-impedance ground or Vcc plane without fear of soldering to that plane.
I'll have to see if I can still find those old films.

Dick