BDV11 - which ROMs ?

From: allisonp_at_world.std.com <(allisonp_at_world.std.com)>
Date: Mon Mar 22 07:39:20 1999

> >This is so much fun, now in this otherwise forgotten pile of stuff I find
> >a QBus backplane with a single card stuck in it, its an M8012 (aka BDV11)
> >bootstrap and terminator card. Now the reason I ignored it, and probably
> >the guy who tossed this backplane ignored it, was because it has a large
> >number of "missing" chips. Presumably those are for booting various
> >devices, it makes it look like the board has been stripped. However,
> >knowing what it is now, I suspect it could come in handy. However, I've
> >got no docs on it at all (sigh), but I've got The List. :-)

Thats normal or a BDV-11 to have two or at max four chips out of the pile.
They could be used as general use rom cards so the extra sockets were
provided.

The boot(s) provided are switch selected and include RX(01/02), RL(01/02),
RK05(all) and I think MOP over a serial/sync line. I don't have by books
here to check that out.

On the net there is a load of stuff about the BDV-11 including a Q22 mod
for it.

> have is the RX boot... image copy the first block (boot block) of
> the RL drive to the first block of an RX disk... this way, you
> could boot the RL by specifying the RX... I've done it numerous
> times on some of my -11s which didn't have the boot room I needed.

Shame the wouldn't work with TU58 or MSCP (RQDX-n). In the past I've used
a bootable device to boot non rom bootable stuff.

Allison