sellers market

From: John Foust <jfoust_at_threedee.com>
Date: Mon Mar 22 11:57:36 1999

At 09:50 AM 3/22/99 -0800, Chuck McManis wrote:

>You know somethings value, you can bid at that value, if you win then
>great, if you lose then some sucker over paid for the item, but that isn't
>your problem is it?

Only if you let it bother you. :-) Overall, what strikes me about
this discussion is the continuing whiffs of envy and hypocrisy that
waft about... Doug's mad that he can't buy every 50s gizmo at
sufficiently low prices at online auctions only he's supposed to
know about, and Sam's mad because so many people have become more
aware of the value ($ or personal) of old computers, raising
the prices, yet the VCF is part of the engine doing just that.

I fully support and admire the VCF, but you've got to admit that every
list member's efforts to publicize our collections through vanity web
sites is affecting the public's perception of the value of old computers.
I won't be truly happy until my Teraks have appreciated from the $1-$25
I've paid for them, to Altair-sized prices, of course. :-)

- John