Somewhat OT: GRiDCase 1530?

From: Ward D. Griffiths III <gram_at_cnct.com>
Date: Mon Mar 22 12:33:31 1999

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Arfon Gryffydd wrote:

> Anyone know anything about a GRiDCase 1530?
>
> I know it's a i386 with a 100Mb HD (NO FLOPPY) and a B/W LCD display and it
> used a special version of MSDOS with some GRiD stuff added.
>
> 1) Anyone know if I can just add a floppy and a larger HD?
> 2) Can I load Linux on it?

Assuming you have 4Mbytes or more of RAM, you can almost certainly
install Linux. I doubt you'll be able to effectively use X, since
a mono LCD of that age wouldn't have adequate resolution even if
by chance it's VGA.
--
Ward Griffiths
"the timid die just like the daring; and if you don't take the plunge then