AES 7100

From: Arlen Michaels <amichael_at_nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Tue Mar 23 10:08:43 1999

On Sun, 21 Mar 1999, Lawrence Walker <lwalker_at_mail.interlog.com> wrote:

> Would stand to reason AES would be a Canadian company. Dorsey now heads
> Voice and Data Systems. A major player in packet technology. Sounds like a
>
> minor version of Corel's Cowpland. Yes Virginia ,Canada does have a
> computer
> aristochracy.

Here in Ottawa, old AES boxes used to turn up fairly often. But I don't
recall if they were the 7100 model that Doug described. I think the
Canadian government must have used hundreds of the things for word
processing, and they used to show up in junk stores and even the occasional
garage sale. Haven't seen one for a while, Doug, but I will keep my eyes
open for boot disks or anything else AES, just in case. Also, if you need a
blank hard-sectored floppy to test-feed your uncooperative new house-guest,
send me your address and I'll pop one in the snail-mail.

--
Arlen Michaels     amichael_at_nortelnetworks.com