AES 7100

From: Lawrence Walker <lwalker_at_mail.interlog.com>
Date: Tue Mar 23 19:14:24 1999

On 23 Mar 99 at 11:08, Arlen Michaels wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Mar 1999, Lawrence Walker <lwalker_at_mail.interlog.com> wrote:
>
> > Would stand to reason AES would be a Canadian company. Dorsey now heads
> > Voice and Data Systems. A major player in packet technology. Sounds like a
> >
> > minor version of Corel's Cowpland. Yes Virginia ,Canada does have a
> > computer
> > aristochracy.
> >
> Here in Ottawa, old AES boxes used to turn up fairly often. But I don't
> recall if they were the 7100 model that Doug described. I think the
> Canadian government must have used hundreds of the things for word
> processing, and they used to show up in junk stores and even the occasional
> garage sale. Haven't seen one for a while, Doug, but I will keep my eyes
> open for boot disks or anything else AES, just in case. Also, if you need a
> blank hard-sectored floppy to test-feed your uncooperative new house-guest,
> send me your address and I'll pop one in the snail-mail.
>
> --
> Arlen Michaels amichael_at_nortelnetworks.com

 Sounds like Doug has a head-startt in collecting Canadian-made computers
what with the Hyperion and the AES. Now to get an ICON and a MCM 70. I
have a couple of clone types. A Tryllium 286 and another, a MAX , a 386 with
dreadfull physical attributes, looks like an oversized XT, but nice internal
architecture, OEMed by a Quebec company whose name escapes me at the moment.

ciao larry
lwalker_at_interlog.com