Museums

From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis_at_mcmanis.com>
Date: Tue Mar 23 23:31:03 1999

At 09:16 PM 3/23/99 -0500, Megan wrote:
>That is a problem... cost for space. ... at *$8* per sq-ft.

Depends on what you look for. Space in "warehouse" districts is cheaper
than space in "office" districts which is often cheaper than space in
"retail" districts. Sometimes you can find a company that has 'downsized'
and is willing to sublet part of their space for more like $1.50 - $3.00 sq
ft. The down side is that they will either restrict you to a year, or worse
only offer a month to month lease. Nothing worse than moving a collection
in 30 days because the lease won't get renewed!

Also check your local school district. They are amenable to such
arrangements especially if you can become an asset to the district with
perhaps "field trip" opportunities and the occasional class room
demonstration. I can attest to the fact that a PDP-8 will hold a group of
3rd graders enthralled for an hour easy :-)

I hear there are some of the Rt 128 DEC buildings are sitting empty,
perhaps they will give you a discount if you only run DEC equipment in them :-)

--Chuck