Museums

From: John Lawson <jpl15_at_netcom.com>
Date: Wed Mar 24 02:33:57 1999

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Sellam Ismail wrote:

> I was thinking that the important part of all this is just to get
> SOMETHING started. Don't worry about all the costs of going all out to
> create a computer museum type organization. Just start out with what you
> can to begin with. Even if that means a garage party every month among
> local collectors then that's a good start. From there, people will get

> Oaks grow from acorns. ;)

   So, okay.. I volunteer to hold a DEC-oriented 'open house' (my
house...) once a month after the TRW swap meet here in Southern
California. If anyone is interested, let me know. I have four
working systems right now, and a big Pr1me to get going. I live in
Malibu and several Listmembers have already been here on Parts
Missions.

  We can poke, hack, play, watch the magic smoke billow out of
things, trade stuff.... anyone interested?

  After all, Apple, Televideo, and Hewlett-Packard started in
garages, and mine is full of dormant computers. (The working stuff
is inside... hehehe)

  Cheers

John