PS/2s nicer than expected; some questions

From: Derek Peschel <dpeschel_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed Mar 24 10:55:24 1999

Ward Griffiths wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Bruce Lane wrote:

> > The only other maker that I know of that built MCA-slot machines was NCR
> > with some of their larger servers.

> Nope. Well before NCR licensed it, there was the Tandy 5000MC. The
> first MCA machine on the market without bus-mastering crippled the
> way it was on IBM's own early MCA systems. A damned fine machine
> which of course sank like a stone. An uglier death than the Tandy
> 2000 sufferred.

I had to read your description of the Tandy's bus about three times. The
sentence is very confusing. You're saying the early IBM systems had
crippled bus matering, right? And the Tandy didn't?

And I'd like to hear more about the 2000 too. I got the impression that the
5000MC disappeared quickly and quietly; in a way that's better than a long
drawn-out death (which it sounds like the 2000 had). Do you disagree? Do I
have my facts wrong?

-- Derek