sellers market

From: Uncle Roger <sinasohn_at_ricochet.net>
Date: Wed Mar 24 15:00:19 1999

At 11:34 AM 3/20/99 -0700, you wrote:
>the belief that no one will outbid that value, and then abort the
>transaction after the auction ends. This gets the auctioneer paid at the
>seller's expense, yet costs me nothing. Next month I use a different email
>account to identify myself, and all's well with eBay.

Actually, if the item doesn't sell (bidder backs out) the seller doesn't
have to pay eBay. And it does cost you something -- negative feedback on
the old account and no feedback on the new account. Destroys that sense of
trust everyone is so fond of. (And I seem to recall someone mentioning
that eBay requires a credit card if you're coming from one of the free
services.)

BTW, everyone pisses and moans about eBay in regards to classic computers,
but they forget that you *can* get really good deals on other types of
collectibles through eBay. (I've gotten deals on: cookware, donald duck
stuff, miniature land rovers, buttons, etc.)

Uncle Roger "There is pleasure pure in being mad
roger_at_sinasohn.com that none but madmen know."
Roger Louis Sinasohn & Associates
San Francisco, California http://www.sinasohn.com/