Seller's market

From: Uncle Roger <sinasohn_at_ricochet.net>
Date: Wed Mar 24 15:00:23 1999

At 11:08 AM 3/21/99 -0500, you wrote:
>The messages by some of the participants shows that they really do not
>understand [or perhaps do not want] the concept of a free market. What they
>really want is a highly imperfect market so that they can buy things at low
>prices even though there are people around who are willing to pay more
>[given the presumption that all sellers will sell to the highest bidder

Well said.

>But, perhaps a better way would be for E-Bay to create a new class of
>"Bonded Buyers and Sellers",

Sounds a lot like a high feedback rating to me...

>in which E-Bay has credit card numbers from both buyer and seller, and both
>buyer and seller have agreed to binding arbritration by a 3rd party
[E-Bay].

except that that opens eBay up to a lot of legal responsibility that
they're probably quite happy to avoid.

Uncle Roger "There is pleasure pure in being mad
roger_at_sinasohn.com that none but madmen know."
Roger Louis Sinasohn & Associates
San Francisco, California http://www.sinasohn.com/