PS/2s nicer than expected; some questions

From: Russ Blakeman <rhblake_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri Mar 26 14:35:08 1999

Bruce Lane wrote:

> At 23:39 23-03-1999 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >I was impressed with the build quality and design of the machines (the
> >power supply in the M95 XP486 for example: undo one butterfly screw and the
> >whole thing swivels out, allowing easy access to the drive bays) and with
>
> Yeppers. I've got a Model 85 and a 95 here.
>
> If your M95 came with a Type 4 CPU complex, I'm really going to get
> jealous! ;-)

You'd really hate me then, with a 9595-OPT (Pentium 60) having 2 each 2.88mb
floppies, a 5.25" floppy and 4 2.5gb SCSI drives on the included F/W host adapter,
two Adaptec SCSI adapters for the 8 external cdroms and 2 external hard drives, sound
card, IBM Image Adapter/A and networked on a 3Com 32bit 10base2 card and having 3
printer ports and 2 serials, on top of an enternal 56k modem along with the original
keyboard and mouse. I have it hooked to a 15" autosync NEC monitor . That' my "file
server". I use one of two Dell 4066/XE servers 5x86 upgrades and RAID contolllers and
EISA for internet and other "utilty" functions.

That reminds me, I have 3 8595 servers of varying 486DX levels I really should sell,
or trade for a couple large capacity SCSI hard drives. I think one is a 25mhz,
another is a 33 and another at DX2-50. I also have a half dozen 8590's I still need
to check into as well.

> The only other maker that I know of that built MCA-slot machines was NCR
> with some of their larger servers.

There were a few others but the exact ones escape me (as well as my own name) right
now.