A little OT? Sun PS questions...

From: Aaron Christopher Finney <af-list_at_lafleur.wfi-inc.com>
Date: Sat Mar 27 16:21:01 1999

Speaking of sparcs,

This might be a little OT, but it does *involve* a Sun 3/50. At least the
dead shell of one. John Lawson was kind enough to donate the mainboard
from a Sparcserver 600MP to the cause today, but I don't have anywhere to
put it (no comments on that, please). The question is this: can I put this
board into the 3/50's case? From what I understand, the old VME chassis
only provided power. Of course, the capacity of the 3/50's ps is a
question too; I think it's rated somewhere around 20A at 5v, and the 600MP
board requires something like 15A _at_ 5v, with no RAM or Mbus modules.

Sorry if the classiccmp connection is a little tenuous...

Aaron