Lisa question

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Sat Mar 27 19:44:32 1999

At 05:42 PM 3/27/99 EST, Marion.Bates wrote:
>Re: memory error. According to the table of memory errors, 70 means
read/write error and 71 means parity error. Don't know if that helps at
all...the whole error table is here:

>http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~woz/lisatech/page16_17.html

   OK thanks.

>The same board failed in my Lisa 2 last summer. I guess try jiggling it,
cleaning the contacts, looking for cracked solder points, etc.

   Yeap, I did all that. Also scrubbed it with an eraser and cleaned with
alcohol. Swapped slots and it's still shows that board bad.

>Sun Remarketing sells the whole board (unless they've run out), but it's
not exactly cheap -- around fifty bucks. And you have to get hold of the
right guy on the phone, some of the younger sales reps have no clue that
the company sells Lisa parts.

  Are they the only ones that sell or repair these? I've heard of memory
upgrades using SIMMS. Does anyone know how to do this?

   Joe