Just another Rinky-Dink Florida hamfest

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Sun Mar 28 10:08:06 1999

At 06:45 PM 3/27/99 -0800, Sam wrote:
>On Sat, 27 Mar 1999, Joe wrote:
>
>> Went to another one this morning. Didn't find much except three Lisas
>> (two Lisa 2s and one Lisa 2/10), two HP 715/50s, two Zorbas and a *NICE*
>> S-100 chassis made by TI. I managed to get the L 2/10 and the Zorbas.
>
>You should have gotten the Lisa 2's. They are closer to the original Lisa
>than the 2/10. The Lisa 2 is really just a Lisa 1 with the 400K 3.5"
>drive and an adaptor board.

  I didn't have any choice. Someone else grabbed the other two. I was lucky
to get this one. Here's the story: I was walking around with another guy
and someone we both knew drove in so we stopped to talk to him. He
mentioned that he had three Lisas and we nearly had fits. We "persauded"
him to go back home and get them. The other guy stood right at the seller's
spot for over an hour till he returned. As soon as the seller returned he
grabbed the two best looking machines. But I did OK, the machine I got had
an internal hard drive, the other two didn't. I also found a complete
Zorba system while I was waiting for him to return.

>You saw an S-100 chassis made by TI (Texas Instruments I presume?) and
>didn't pick it up?

   Whatta you mean I didn't pick it up? It's sitting in the middle of the
kitchen floor :-/ Turns out that it's not exactly S-100. The sockets are
right but they're off set to one side of the card slot so S-100 cards won't
fit in. Someone else said it was for some kind of TI computer. Too bad.
It's a super nice box. I'm thinking of trying to modify it to fit S-100.

    Joe

>Sellam Alternate e-mail:
dastar_at_siconic.com