Rebirth of IMSAI

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Sun Mar 28 19:57:04 1999

Speaking of the rebirth of IMSAI . . .

Has anyone seen anything new on their web page? I've been following a few
of the items and have seen no changes since the 20th or so.

I'm not sure of the market for a hot pentium system packaged behind an Imsai
trademark and front panel. I'd much rather see them pick up the support
thread for the already existing Imsai-branded hardware and publish the
existing doc's on their web site. I'm sure there is a market for between 50
and 500 of each of several boards, and, if he already has the rights and the
artwork, reproducing the originals. If he ( Todd Fischer ) made them,
perhaps to order, and perhaps with a dry-film solder mask and high-quality
bright-white silk screened legends, with some jumper definitions as are on
many no-longer-current PC ISA add-ons, to distinguish between the old boards
and the new as well as to minimize the support requirements, I don't think
he'd lose his shirt.

I've been after the original spec's for the IMSAI pre-1977 bus timing, etc,
in case anyone has that data in shareable form.

I've found the schematic for my IMSAI PIO-6 board but only half the manual,
fortunately with the schematic, of the PIO-4. I don't seem to have any bus
timing informtion, though.

Dick