Drive alignment tool, diskettes

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Sun Mar 28 22:26:14 1999

I don't know how much a couple of hundred bucks is worth to you. You can
use an operational S-100 computer running CP/M, or even an 820 to run the
drive for alignement. Though I've had an alignment tool for many years, I
usually use a computer. It's the alignment diskettes that are scarce.

If you have a digital alignment diskette, made by Dysan, among others, and
the software to run one, it makes alignment easy. If you need to read a
5-1/4" floppy, a drive you can buy today won't help you much. I keep a half
dozen of the old DS minifloppies around.

regards,

Dick