Salvage yard sightings

From: Mike Ford <mikeford_at_netwiz.net>
Date: Mon Mar 29 14:52:28 1999

I didn't think much about it at the time, but I saw some monster disk
drives the other day. Likely 8" platter stacks, and what looked like short
soda can sized motors (2) sticking out one end (voice coil drivers I
assume). I think about 6 of them were sitting on a shelf, fresh pulls etc.
If anyone is curious I will attempt to find a part number or brand next
time.

Same place is getting in truck loads of ex- Levis Strauss computers, older
macs, lots of PS/2 machines, various old stock tidbits, ie a power supply
for a L40 portable?

Would a 486 PS/2 make a decent Linux machine? Any suggestions on a specific
model?