Salvage yard sightings

From: Max Eskin <max82_at_surfree.com>
Date: Mon Mar 29 18:26:49 1999

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>I'd recommend against it. While a 486 makes a good Linux box, I'm not sure
>how well Linux supports PS/2 hardware. It used to be it didn't support MCA
>at all, but I think it does now.

It's supposed to support all PS/2 hardware, but I couldn't boot a Model/70
with a Slackware 3.4 boot disk. It couldn't find the hard drive. Maybe the
2.2 kernel does, but I'm not inclined to try it. I'd much rather play
around with Mk-Linux which runs on a Macintosh, which is much better
designed than a PS/2. Of course, I'm running it on a standard AT clone :)

 --Max Eskin (max82_at_surfree.com)