Moving sale - many old books, computer hardware & software, magazines, etc.

From: Tiger <tiger_at_silcom.com>
Date: Tue Mar 30 14:57:09 1999

Hello everyone. I have a lot of old computer hardware, software, books, and
magazines which I'd like to sell before I move long distance in about a month.

Over the last few months I've posted on Usenet and tried eBay with only
moderate success. With moving day approaching and too few sales lately to
justify the time, I'm about to give up and donate the majority of these
items to the local charities who are fortunately willing to take most of my
stuff. This means that any sales need to be resolved within a couple weeks.

As this is the classical computer list I hope some people here might have
interest in this type of old computer stuff. The majority of it is from the
1980s. The computers I have the most stuff to the least stuff for sale are:

 - IBM compatible
 - Commodore 64/128
 - Apple II series/IIGS
 - Amiga
 - Atari 8-bit
 - Macintosh
 - TI-99/4A

Very briefly I have:

- BOOKS - a couple hundred computer books, programming books, electronic
data books,
  and technical books (a lot of reference books are for Apple and Amiga,
such as the
  Addision-Wesley series). Also a few math and physics textbooks.
- SOFTWARE MANUALS - a couple hundred manuals without the disks for things
like Borland
  Turbo products, Microsoft C/C++, Visual Basic, DBase, Autocad, etc.
- HARDWARE - Commodore 128 computers, disk drives, many printers for
Commodore specific
  and IBM compatibles, old monitors, cassette units, etc.
- SOFTWARE - a LOT of software for the first 4 computers in my list above.
For IBM I
  have mostly old applications, for Commodore mostly games, and for Apple &
Amiga
  mostly applications and development software (APW, Merlin, Manx C, etc).
There's a
  misc handful for the other 3.
- MAGAZINES - a variety of magazines, mostly for IBM and Apple. PC Tech
Journal,
  Nibble, Video magazine, etc. I could be convinced to dump some ancient PC
Magazines
  and Compute's for the right price, but I was planning to keep those
(unless I'm
  floored by the movers' estimates this week).
- LASERDISCS - a handful of older titles, mostly at $9 each.
- GAME MANUALS - I have almost 50 computer game manuals without disks. I
was asking
  $9 for all of them, but I'd just throw them in for someone who's buying a
lot.

Please look at my lists and feel free to ignore the prices and make
reasonable offers. My main criteria are I have to get enough money to make
the transaction worth the effort and the amount needs to be reasonably
close to what I think my charitable deduction will be worth.

If you can come by Santa Barbara, California, and pick up a lot of stuff in
person we'll work out a really good deal.

Please send email to tiger_at_silcom.com if you're interested in anything.

All of my lists can be found at:

http://www.silcom.com/~tiger

Thank you for your time.