bringing up an 8f...

From: Allison J Parent <allisonp_at_world.std.com>
Date: Tue Mar 30 21:46:52 1999

Well I powered the PDP-8f tonight and guess what? The PS is toast.

I'm not much surprized either. Anyhow this one has a hard short of the
kind when power is turned off the room light dim. Next step is to pull
it out of the case and inspect and meter it for where the short is.

Anyone with a schematic? This one is the rear mounted style with the
cover that says, do not operate with cover removed for more than 15
minutes. Don't need the whole prints but only some things verified.

Is this a low voltage switcher? Or linear?
Is there more that one secondary on the transformer?

Both large fans are gone too. the small PS fan is not tested yet. but
it's stiff so that ones gone too. fans I have plenty of.

Did I mention it was a clean one? ;)

Allison