Looking for 8008 language software (PL/M, MASM, BASIC,...)

From: John Lewczyk <jlewczyk_at_his.com>
Date: Wed Mar 31 12:52:54 1999

Hi. I'm new to the list and this is my first posting. I am looking for
PL/M cross compiler that Intel produced for the 8008 CPU. I have the Intel
manual, but no source or object for the language compiler, which was written
in Fortran by Gary Kildall when he worked for Intel back in ~1973. I have
source for an 8080 version of PL/M from Intel which went into the public
domain at some time, but I do not believe that it will produce 8008 code
(that ability is not mentioned in the documentation). Any help or
information on this would be appreciated.

Also, a macro assembler or a basic interpreter would also be appreciated!

Anything would be better than hand assembling and jamming in bytes via
switches.

Thanks,

John

- John Lewczyk