Timonium Hamfest

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Wed Mar 31 21:40:30 1999

At 09:34 AM 3/31/99 -0800, you wrote:
>> Well, I got there on Saturday, about 1:30. ... Sigh, not worth
>> my 45 minute (each way) drive. Don't know if I'll bother next year.
>
>In my experience with Hamfests and swap meets is that your chance of
>finding what you want goes down exponentially with time.

  <snip>

   That's exactly right. A lot of the vendors have sold their stuff and
left by 1:30. That why you found piles of trash that they'd left. I
usually register as a vendor and pay the extra fee just so I can get in
ahead of the public. I can tell you for a fact that the BEST deals happen
long before the public gets in the door. If I couldn't get there before
1:30 I would bother going even if it was across the street!

   Joe