Rebirth of IMSAI

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Wed Mar 31 23:27:43 1999

I'm just about to consider firing up one of my old CP/M S-100 boxes just for
spite and to see if I can get it to run the way I want. It starts with
wanting the CPU board, and I'll probably have to try several, to run the 8
MHz Z-80H I still have lying about somewhere. Then I want to run the 8"
Shugart hard drive using an XCOMP HDC board set which is purported to work
better than the MSC board I used on my own station back about 20 years. If
I can get the CPU to run, and I believe I have fast enough static memories
to handle that, no wait states required, I think, then it might be
interesting to see what one can squeeze out of the old 8" winchester. I
know I can whack up a wire-wrapped version to work, and then I won't have to
worry about the bus timing at all, at least for starters, because a FDC/HCD
combination will easily fit on a board with all the necessary logic, RAM,
ROM, and I/O.

Dick