Bogosort (was: old threaded languages, was Re: Symbolics)

From: Dwight Elvey <elvey_at_hal.com>
Date: Wed Mar 1 13:21:35 2000

CLASSICCMP_at_trailing-edge.com wrote:
> > If anyone out there doesn't think sorting 1000 signed integers
> >in 6.8 millisecs isn't fast, code it up on your PC and
> >see how fast it is.
>
> It depends a lot on the algorithm you use in the sort, of course :-).

Hi
 Sorry, it was just a tease. I was hoping that many
would take out their QuickSort and find that there
500 MHz pentium couldn't compete with a 33 MHz DSP.
Actually, the algorithm I used is a kn+c unlike
QuickSort's k(n*logn) ( c is a constant time overhead ).
BubbleSort is really just an example of how to
use J and K in nested loops. BogoSort sounds like
the worst sort I've ever heard but I like it.
Dwight