old threaded languages, was Re: Symbolics

From: allisonp_at_world.std.com <(allisonp_at_world.std.com)>
Date: Thu Mar 2 08:33:03 2000

> > Though DEC T-11 would make
> > a good forth engine.
>
> Sure would ... I had my FORTH-79 running four users at once on my PDT-11/150,
> it wasn't pretty but it sure was fun! Naturally I used the two LEDs for the
> NULJOB display.

This has appeal as I have info on the T-11 and would love to build a
system around it but not have to be locked to DEC IO configs as that
complicates the design. Doing a 28kw system with boot Eprom with that
chips is trivial, the io gets to be a pain if you want to run DEC
software. However, running non-DEC has some appeal to the but there are
few things that source level stuff (other than unix) is available for.

Allison