teletype photos wanted

From: CLASSICCMP_at_trailing-edge.com <(CLASSICCMP_at_trailing-edge.com)>
Date: Thu Mar 2 16:30:53 2000

>But it would still be nice to find a collection of photos of teletypes.
>And for that matter, Flexowriters, Creeds, DECwriters, etc.

The ARRL used to have a book that dealt with RTTY equipment. I believe
the title was something along the lines of "Special Communications
Techniques for the Radio Amateur". The 1960's and 1970's editions of
this book had good info on the various Teletype and Creed machines,
specifically on the Baudot models, and also some information on the
ASCII models (realize that hams weren't allowed to use ASCII over the
air until sometime in the 1980's). The pictures weren't
top-notch (they were generally pretty poor halftones) but there were some.

--
 Tim Shoppa                        Email: shoppa_at_trailing-edge.com
 Trailing Edge Technology          WWW:   http://www.trailing-edge.com/