PDP-11/45 Board Issues

From: Michael Robinson <robinm_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Mon Mar 6 19:42:30 2000

Hello all,
   My electronics club recently became the proud owner of a PDP-11/45.
 Unfortunately, it's not in the best of condition. One of the boards, an
M8108 (apparently a memory-managment module) is damaged. Well, actually, it
is split in two along the card fingers. After some careful inspection, I
have determined that it's probably not possible to repair.

   Anyone know what will happen if I fire up the machine without this board?
 We have no peripherals, so we're basically interested in toggling in code
and will be satisfied without an OS. If we exclude this card, do we need to
toss a NPG card into that spot?

   Before anyone asks, no, we don't have the printsets. I think this machine
is second-second hand, so the previous owner (RPI) didn't have the prints
either. Much of what we know of this machine has been determined with a
continuity checker...

Michael Robinson
robinm_at_rpi.edu
RPI Electronics Club