PDP-11/45 Board Issues

From: Michael Robinson <robinm_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Tue Mar 7 10:33:01 2000

OK,
   The M8108 is in *really* bad shape. As I said, it's split along the
card fingers, which means that just about every line going to the bus is
broken. It also has a few chips that have been shattered, both along the
break and elsewhere on the board. I, for one, don't have the skill to fix
it.

> >It is possible to run an 11/45 without the MMU, but in that case you need
> >a System Address Jumper (M8116 IIRC) that goes in place of one of the 2
> >MMU modules, the other MMU slot being empty.
>
> Mine has a printed label across the top of the box labelling the slots,
> which says, on the slot containing the M8107, "If KT11C option [i.e. the
> MMU] not present, use M8116 S J B in this slot."

Is the M8116 a simple jumper (a la grant continuity card)? I think that's
probably the best move to kludge one of those together, if it's simple
enough.
Memory management is not all that important to me.

> I have CPU and MMU prints only (no manuals or FPU prints) which I am very
> slowly scanning. Among the few fragments I have done so far is the M8108,
> so it would be easy for me to provide that to you if you think it might
> help.

Kevin, I'd be interested to see the M8108 fragments. If you have it,
I'd also be interested (probably moreso) in the M8116.

Thanks,
Michael